BlogML in Orchard 1.4

Mar 23, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Is this supported in 1.4?

I've installed the module, everything seems to work fine, but I dont get a menu item?

And navigating to Admin/Blogs/Import gives an error?

Thx
Steve 

Mar 27, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I am experiencing the same issue.  Any news on when this maybe fixed?

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Yep, me too.

Coordinator
Mar 31, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I have push a whole bunch of fixes for 1.4 to the dev branch... could someone give it a test for me please and I will release the moduel to the gallary.

Let me know how you get on.

Apr 3, 2012 at 1:33 PM

I compiled it, yanking in the assemblies from my 1.4 installation, but wasn't sure what to do next - I'm new to Orchard and it's setup. I did try renaming the old BlogML Modules folder and copying in the new one, but that did change anything - ie, the menu item didn't appear. What should I do to get this usable within Orchard?

Apr 3, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I downloaded the new version from the module gallery (from Orchard dashboard).  It installed fine.

I got the new menu item, ran the import and the data imported fine.

However, I did find that even though I selected an existing blog to import the data into, it created another blog in Orchard.  Not a major issue.

I tried again adding in the slug (of the existing blog), it added the slug fine, but again created a seperate blog.

I didn't try any other options.

Apr 3, 2012 at 2:02 PM
Edited Apr 3, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Ah, I din't think to check the gallery had been updated; I assumed this wasn'tpushed up yet.

I installed it fine, but the import worked until a timeout took down the request. My exported file is 1.3Mb, 343 entries, as exported from subText. I'll try cutting the file down.

edit: Ah, it did import - 243 items, but yes, it created a new blog. This will be a problem if I can't import the entire file as I wouldn't be able to merge any new blog. Maybe I'll just up the timeout while I import.

edit 2: increased timeout and import worked fine. Still created a new blog, but this is a new isntallation, so that's not a problem.

Apr 3, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I'm posting another reply so that if anyone else is converting from subText to Orchard via BlogML, they need to know that subText Base64 encodes the blog posts, so you'll need to uncovert them before importing into Orchard. I used the code at http://garfoot.com/blog/2010/08/importing-blogml-into-wordpress/ which worked fine.

Coordinator
Apr 3, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Interesting that the blog didn't import into an existing blog. I will take a look at that.

BTW - I have seen the Base64 issue before.I will investigate.

Nick

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 3:19 PM, DaveSussman <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I'm posting another reply so that if anyone else is converting from subText to Orchard via BlogML, they need to know that subText Base64 encodes the blog posts, so you'll need to uncovert them before importing into Orchard. I used the code at http://garfoot.com/blog/2010/08/importing-blogml-into-wordpress/ which worked fine.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (OrchardBlogML@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email OrchardBlogML@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I've found that if I use the same slug, it will import into the same blog...irrespective of what blog i choose form the drop down.

I also hit the timeout error .... I found setting the number of posts to import and slug worked as well...but this was easier!

upped the execution timeout as well Dave!

<httpRuntime executionTimeout="100000" />

Coordinator
Apr 5, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Hmm... Looks like a side affect of the refactor... The code was basically a rewrite, so I will take a look.